We’re looking for quality DJs who are excited about discovering new underground music and sharing it with the world. If you're a huge music nerd who's dying to share the good stuff that you can't hear on commercial radio, we want to hear from you. If you’re also a blogger, web designer, or audio tech nerd and can lend those skills all the better!
Not sure if BFF.fm is right for you? A great way to find out is to listen! We recommend starting by perusing our charts and/or listening to our Top 30 Countdown to hear what kinds of music gets played the most.
Since word has gotten out about BFF.fm, we’ve been inundated with new show ideas. We wish we could take everyone! But, our schedule is full and we can only take on DJs as time slots become available. So, the most developed ideas tend to make it to the top of the heap. Here are a few things you can do to make your application stand out:
- Take a look at our schedule, pick a few time slots you’d be interested in, and include those in your application.
We're currently looking for Studio B DJs to pre-record and air Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays 2-4am. (Otherwise, it’s helpful to include information like “I’m available Mondays and Tuesdays after 2pm")
- Have a solid show concept (genre, show title, DJ name, etc.) and/or include examples of the types of bands you’d like to play.
- Know a current BFF.fm DJ? Let us know!
Right now we're especially looking for
- Shows with a focus on local music, particularly inviting local bands in to the studio for interviews/sessions.
- By popular demand we're also looking for another show focusing on new underground hip-hop and R&B, especially local.
Sorry, but at this time we're not looking for
- talk shows (unless you're a journalist or run an established local blog/news outlet or can demonstrate a solid format and ability to book weekly guests.)
- syndicated shows (we like our programming all original)
If we think you’d be a good fit, we’ll get in touch as soon as we can!