We’re looking for quality DJs who are excited about discovering new underground music and sharing it with the world. We’re talking obsessive crate diggers who are bursting with the stories behind the songs. If you're a huge music nerd who's dying to share the good stuff that you can't hear on commercial radio, we want to hear from you. If you’re also a blogger, web designer, or audio tech nerd and can lend those skills all the better! We’re also looking for music-focused pre-recorded shows for our overnight shifts.
Since word has gotten out about BFF.fm, we’ve been inundated with new show ideas. We wish we could take everyone! But, our schedule is full and we can only take on DJs as time slots become available. So, the most developed ideas tend to make it to the top of the heap. Here are a few things you can do to make your application stand out:
- Take a look at our schedule, pick a few time slots you’d be interested in, and include those in your application. (We currently are looking for for Studio B DJs to prerecord and air during our early mornings and overnights: Tuesdays midnight - 2am, Thursdays midnight - 2am, Mondays 6am - 8am, Fridays 6am - 8am and Monday - Friday 2 - 4am and 4-6am.)
- Have a solid show concept (genre, show title, DJ name, etc.) and/or include examples of the types of bands you’d like to play.
- Super extra bonus points if your focus is local music or your show supports a part of the local music scene.
- Know a current BFF.fm DJ? Let us know!
Sorry, but at this time we're not looking for
- talk shows (unless you run an established local blog/news outlet)
- syndicated shows (we like our programming all original)
If we think you’d be a good fit, we’ll get in touch as soon as we can!